[MBDyn-users] MBDyn and Ropes-Pulley

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Thu Sep 1 19:25:20 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I looked at MBDyn documentation and examples and did not identified
functions to model and simulate ropes - pulleys assemblies (for exemple
for mainsail hoist). Is there something that I could have overlooked?

The use case is not straightforward to model as a "distance" as there
are multiple pulleys attached to different locations, different purchase
in those, with some angles between the different parts...

Maybe this does not fall in the category of problems to be addressed by
a tool like MBDyn.

Best regards,

JM