[MBDyn-users] Issues with wind turbine examples

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Thu Mar 17 13:16:06 CET 2022

Dear List,

I'm trying to run some of the wind turbine examples provided on the
mbdyn website, but getting mixed success. I'm using the examples from
this page:

https://www.mbdyn.org/?Documentation___Official_Documentation___Examples&search=examples

*CART
*

This is the example of the CART

This example is missing the file naca0012.c81 and won't run without it.
This file is present in other examples on this page:

https://www.mbdyn.org/userfiles/documents/research/windturbine/index.html

so I was able to add it.

Then if I run without changing, I get the following error:

template drive caller 4300 is undefined at line 282, file
</home/rcrozier/src/mbdyn_wind/cart0/cart0.mbd>
MBDynParser::~MBDynParser: manipulators' stack not empty
An error occurred during the execution of MBDyn; aborting...

It is needed to add the keyword 'single' to line 282 for the Template
drive caller.

After this it runs.

*NREL 5MW*

This has similar issues to the CART example

for example on line 58 of the following files the 'single' keyword must
be added

MBDyn_model_NREL61.5/NREL_05abm_prebended_c81/blade1/blade1.jnt

MBDyn_model_NREL61.5/NREL_05abm_prebended_c81/blade2/blade2.jnt

MBDyn_model_NREL61.5/NREL_05abm_prebended_c81/blade3/blade3.jnt

The 'rotor' keyword is also needed on line 267 of

MBDyn_model_NREL61.5/NREL_05abm_prebended_c81/hub/hub.elm

However, even with these issues resolved, I still get an error from
MBdyn when I try to run the main input file which is

MBDyn_model_NREL61.5/NREL_05abm_prebended_c81/NREL_rotor/NREL_rotor.mdl

I just get the following error:

An error occurred during the execution of MBDyn; aborting...

with no further information, even with verbosity set to 3 (-PPP).

I'm using recently compiled mbdyn from the master branch on Gitlab on Linux.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be with the NREL example?

Best regards,

Richard Crozier