[MBDyn-users] Keen to work contribute to MBDyn, possibly through GSOC, over summer

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Tue Mar 30 08:13:46 CEST 2021

Dear Dhruv Jain,

thank you for your interest and welcome.  Please make sure you read and
follow these instructions
<https://public.gitlab.polimi.it/DAER/mbdyn/-/wikis/Google-Summer-of-Code/GSoC-and-MBDyn>.

We are looking forward to receiving your formal application.  Feel free
to discuss your proposal with us in more detail.

Sincerely, p.

Il 30/03/21 02:08, MBDyn users list ha scritto:
> Greetings!
>
> I am Dhruv Jain, M.S. Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
> student at Purdue University and a member of the Multi-Body Dynamics
> Research Group led by Prof. Kathleen Howell. I graduated with B.S.AAE
> and minor in Astronomy from Purdue University with the highest
> distinction in Dec'20. During my undergraduate journey, I was
> fortunate to work on multiple projects, for viz. ADCS simulator for a
> CubeSat with PMAC capability and PID controller for Spacecraft
> docking. My research focus is Astrodynamics, especially low thrust
> trajectory transfers.
>
> I recently came across MBDyn project and I would love to contribute to
> it over the summer, possibly through GSOC. I am particularly keen to
> work on the Automatic Differentiation project idea, as I have
> firsthand experienced how cumbersome constructing a large Jacobian
> matrix can be and heard from my peers about the boon of automatic
> differentiation.
>
> I am currently installing the mbdyn files and configuring them. I hope
> to make some solid progress in the entry test in the upcoming days so
> that I have a strong standing to be considered as a candidate for GSOC
> before the deadline.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Dhruv Jain
>
> Multi-Body Dynamics Research Group
>
> School of Aeronautics & Astronautics
>
> Purdue University

Professore Ordinario di Costruzioni e Strutture Aerospaziali
https://www.dona.polimi.it/