[MBDyn-users] Keen to work contribute to MBDyn, possibly through GSOC, over summer

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Tue Mar 30 02:08:58 CEST 2021

Greetings!

I am Dhruv Jain, M.S. Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering student at Purdue University and a member of the Multi-Body Dynamics Research Group led by Prof. Kathleen Howell. I graduated with B.S.AAE and minor in Astronomy from Purdue University with the highest distinction in Dec'20. During my undergraduate journey, I was fortunate to work on multiple projects, for viz. ADCS simulator for a CubeSat with PMAC capability and PID controller for Spacecraft docking. My research focus is Astrodynamics, especially low thrust trajectory transfers.

I recently came across MBDyn project and I would love to contribute to it over the summer, possibly through GSOC. I am particularly keen to work on the Automatic Differentiation project idea, as I have firsthand experienced how cumbersome constructing a large Jacobian matrix can be and heard from my peers about the boon of automatic differentiation.

I am currently installing the mbdyn files and configuring them. I hope to make some solid progress in the entry test in the upcoming days so that I have a strong standing to be considered as a candidate for GSOC before the deadline.

Warm Regards,

Dhruv Jain

Multi-Body Dynamics Research Group

School of Aeronautics & Astronautics