[MBDyn-users] About MBDyn and GSOC

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Tue Mar 23 19:58:21 CET 2021

Hi Nishant,

GSoC is a great opportunity to develop high-quality code and get in touch
with the open-source community. About MBDyn, I haven't been in touch
anymore. My advice to you is to reach the community and ask for guidance.
It usually requires some entry test to work with any open-source groups,
but it is not a rule of thumb. For mbdyn you might have to do.

Here is some information regarding mbdyn-GSoC:
https://public.gitlab.polimi.it/DAER/mbdyn/blob/master/manual/gsoc/GSoC.md

Also, there is some documentation on the link you just shared, but I advise
you to check in their website guides (
https://www.mbdyn.org/?Developers_corner). You might find better
instructions there. As you might note, I used Linux. I am not sure if you
can compile on windows. It might be a way as well with the right
requirements. Please, reach the community for their help. They would give
you better directions. I am cc'ing their community email.

Good luck on the journey,
Eri

Erivelton Gualter
Graduate Research Assistant
Control, Robotics and Mechatronics Laboratory
<http://academic.csuohio.edu/richter_h/crml.html>
Cleveland State University
e.gualterdossantos at vikes.csuohio.edu
http://eriveltongualter.github.io/