[MBDyn-users] lift and drag coefficients

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Thu Dec 16 09:41:57 CET 2021

Thank you,

Very helpful and quick to reply.

________________________________
From: MBDyn-users <mbdyn-users-bounces at mbdyn.org> on behalf of MBDyn users list <mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org>
Sent: 16 December 2021 08:39
To: mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org <mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org>
Subject: Re: [MBDyn-users] lift and drag coefficients

Hi Antonio,

you can find two examples in the MBDyn source folder:

./mbdyn/var/naca0012.c81
./mbdyn/modules/module-aerodyn/demo/S809_cln.c81

grossly what they contain are lists of angle of attacks, as 3 rows: first the CL, then CD, and then CM.
The columns are the Mach numbers.
You can then adapt these files to your needs by scripting a conversion from, for example, xfoil, CFD, literature,... You have to get the data for the Reynolds numbers that suit you (or simulate Reynolds based on the column Mach number...)

Kind regards,

-Louis