[MBDyn-users] Problem about External Force Module

MBDyn users list mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Tue Sep 8 02:09:38 CEST 2020

Hi Louis,

I have tried setting the external forces n_f to zero but it still returned the same result “Abort” at the first time step when calling recv().

Does it mean MBDyn didn’t succeed calculating the displacements and sending  them to the peer?

The code’s structure are as follows:

host = "";
port = 0;
timeout = -1;	# forever
verbose = 1;
data_and_next = 1;
refnode = 0;	# no reference node
nodes = 21;	# number of nodes
labels = 0;
#rot = 0x100;	# orientation vector
# rot = 0x200;	# orientation matrix
rot = 0x400;	# Euler 123
accels = 0;
nodal = mbcNodal(path, host, port, timeout, verbose, data_and_next, refnode, nodes, labels, rot, accels);
nodal.negotiate()
nodal.n_f = numpy.zeros(numpy.size(n_f))
nodal.recv() #send the initial displacements to peer

while 1:
	nodal.n_f = numpy.zeros(numpy.size(n_f))
	if (nodal.send(False)):
		break
	if (nodal.recv()):
		break    #return -1 and abort at this step

	if (nodal.send(True)):
		break
	if (nodal.recv()):
		break