[MBDyn-users] Nonlinear dynamics of point mass on elastic catenary

Panos Athanasiadis panos.cabin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:00:54 CET 2018

Dear all,

A kind colleague helped me get started.
I installed blender & mbdyn and began the exploration.

Am I right in assuming that a long, homogeneous rope can
be modelled as a long series of rigid bodies with elastic joins
in between? I understand that this is what has been done in
this article: http://www.scielo.br/pdf/lajss/v10n1/09.pdf
(referring to the Rigid Finite Element Method).

I would very much appreciate your advise.
What are the respective "elements" and
options that I should use from mbdyn?

Best wishes,

Panos