[MBDyn-users] Nonlinear dynamics of point mass on elastic catenary

Panos Athanasiadis panos.cabin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:33:22 CET 2018

Dear engineers,

Is MBDyn superior to SfePy?

I am asking this because I am trying to understand which software
package best fits my needs.
I have a solid background as a physicist and I am also versed in Python
for scientific computing,
though, I am a novice regarding the use of finite elements. I am
interested in modelling the dynamics
(initial value problem) of an elastic catenary with a point mass
attached to it through a sliding link with
friction. I presume I should begin with a simpler problem. Any help
would be very much appreciated.

I would be happy to pay for instruction, if applicable.

I can also travel to Milano :-)

Thanks a lot,

Panos