[MBDyn-users] Total Pin Joint (Hints)

Ehsan Esmaili Ehsan.Esm at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:15:52 CEST 2018

Hello MBDyn users,

I am trying to move move one end of a flexible beam from (x0,y0,z0) position to (x1,y1,z1) using total pin joint at "Time <=1." and excite it using "frequency sweep" using another total pin joint at "Time > 1.". Even though I can run the code and the execution ends normally, the result that I get shows that the second total pin joint that is supposed to excite the node 20, does not work and the beam remains stationary after the first total pin joint.

joint: 0, clamp, 0, node, node;
driven: 20, string, "Time <= 1.",
joint: 20, total pin joint,
    20,
        position, reference, 20, null,
        position orientation, reference, node, eye,
        rotation orientation, reference, node, eye,
        position, reference, 20, null,
        position orientation, reference, node, eye,
        rotation orientation, reference, node, eye,
position constraint,
active, active, active,
-0.084 + 0.3, -0.260, 0.000, cosine, 0.01, pi, .5, half, 0.,
orientation constraint,
inactive, inactive, inactive, null;
driven: 21, string, "Time > 1.",
hint, "position-drive3{model::xposition(20), model::yposition(20), model::zposition(20), const, 1.}",
hint, "orientation-drive3{model::xanglerel(0, 20), model::yanglerel(0, 20), model::zanglerel(0, 20), const, 1.}",
joint: 21, total pin joint,
20,
        position, reference, node, null,
        position orientation, reference, node, eye,
        rotation orientation, reference, node, eye,
        position, reference, node, null,
        position orientation, reference, node, eye,
        rotation orientation, reference, node, eye,
position constraint,
active, active, active,
1.,0.,0.,
frequency sweep, 0.,
file, 100, 1,
const, 0.03,
0., forever, 0.,
orientation constraint,
inactive, inactive, inactive, null;

Can someone tell me why the second total pin joint does not excite node 20.

Also, does the hint drive only pass the geometry (position, orientation) to the new total pin joint or does it also pass information such as the Fx, Fy, Fz values that you normally get in the .jnt file.

Regards,

Ehsan