[MBDyn-users] module-collision is complete, tested, and ready for use.

doug at baldwintechnology.com doug at baldwintechnology.com
Fri Jan 8 06:21:49 CET 2016

With major improvements, module-collision is now absolutely precise and
robust. The Bullet collision library was replaced by the Flexible
Collision Library (FCL), with a hat tip to Jens van Schelve for the
suggestion. This combination of FCL and the MBDyn collision-module is now
useful for productive work involving plane-sphere and sphere-sphere
collisions, and serves as an extensible platform for collisions of any
number of objects of any shape. (All issues noted in an earlier YouTube
video were resolved, and that video was replaced by an updated YouTube
video, https://youtu.be/nigfe1SM4E4 )

Areas for future research include mapping Constitutives to material pairs,
and vetting/modifying FCL for a menu of shape pairs having MBDyn levels of
precision.

I believe it truly can be said that MBDyn now features accurate collision
simulation, and a fully integrated GUI for pre- and post- processing. For
further information, please see the 15 minute video at this link,
https://youtu.be/nigfe1SM4E4 . The code itself is available here,
https://github.com/gdbaldw .

-Doug Baldwin