[MBDyn-users] Ynt: File Drive Variable Mass

ybrk ozkan ybrkozkan at windowslive.com
Tue Dec 20 07:27:06 CET 2016

Dear mbdyn team,

Thank you for your kind response.

Sincerely,

Burak

________________________________
Gönderen: Pierangelo Masarati <pierangelo.masarati at polimi.it> adına MBDyn-users <mbdyn-users-bounces at mbdyn.org>
Gönderildi: 19 Aralık 2016 Pazartesi 17:17
Kime: mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
Konu: Re: [MBDyn-users] File Drive Variable Mass

You need the "variable mass" keyword before the specification of the mass value.  p.

On 12/19/2016 03:13 PM, Andrea Zanoni wrote:
Hi,

after you have defined the file driver in the "drivers" section, you can just call it with

body: 1001,1001,

          file, 5, 2,

          null,

          diag,Jr_x,Jr_y,Jr_z;

if you want to "name" that file driver with the label "Mr", as I seem to understand from your message, you should do something like this:

set: integer Mr = 5;

begin:drivers;
    file: Mr, fixed step, 10, 3., 0., 0.001, "output.dat";
end:drivers

begin:elements;

body: 1001, 1001,
    Mr,
    null,
    diag, Jr_x, Jr_y, Jr_z;

end:elements

the "set" statement that you have included in your email tries to define a real-valued variable called "Mr" with the value "file,5,2", which is not a real value, but a string.

Cheers
Andrea