[MBDyn-users] Step

Ankit Aggarwal ankit.ankit.aggarwal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:10:02 CEST 2016

What step size control project is all about?

Currently step size control is defined in solver class (solver.cc) in which
NewTimeStep() is called to determine the new time step value

In this project, we are trying to achieve the following functionality

1) Abstract the existing step size control code.
2) Define an API to allow users to plug-in user-defined step size control
techniques like drive callers,constitutive laws etc.

After this is done

3) For the later part - Creating new step size control strategies according
to new API.

For further clarification I will be attaching the code example in the
upcoming mails.

Ankit Aggarwal