[MBDyn-users] what the force element format should be

Pierangelo Masarati pierangelo.masarati at polimi.it
Thu Mar 27 16:44:15 CET 2014

On 03/27/2014 04:10 PM, 邹栋 wrote:
> hello Reinhard and every one
> 1.   i am simulate a free rigid body taken by a 10N force at y
> direction,and the gravity is  ignored.
> the force element in my input file is like this:
>             force: 11,absolute, 1,0,1,0,null,const,10.
> the case is simple, but when i run it, the log file tells out :
>
>            Force(11):"position" keyword expected at line 45,file
> <freeRigidBody>;still using deprecated syntax?
>            Initial derivatives calculation 1 does not converge; aborting...
>
> so, what 's the problem?

<http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati/MBDyn-input/mbdyn-input-1.5.5.pdf>
Section 8.8.4 Structural force: The message is self-explanatory, the
syntax requires the keyword "position" before the offset of the force
application point with respect to the node.

> 2.  from the input manual  , there is a description about the
> Derivatives Data  : "The system is solved with the kinematic unknowns
> constrained, in order to properly determine the dynamic unknowns, namely
> momenta and constraint reactions" , my question is ,in  an simple free
> rigid body case, what 's the "solved system" as mentioned up..
>
> thanks for your reply. best regards.

You likely need to allow more than one iteration during the
"derivatives" phase for convergence.  Section 4.1.2 Derivatives Data:
set "derivatives max iterations" to > 1.

Cheers, p.

> At 2014-03-26 20:11:09,"Resch Reinhard" <R.RESCH at secop.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I'm not sure ifI understand what you reallyneed.
>
>     If you needa force asa function oftime or some other scalarparameter, you could usea structural force witha drivecaller.
>     In that case you can use the examplein the attachedfile (piecewiselinear
>     interpolation of a function of time).
>
>     If you need inter
>     processcommunication, then you have to use the external forcein
>     order to communicate with the peersoftware.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Reinhard Resch

Associate Professor