[MBDyn-users] Torque control in MBDyn

Louis Gagnon louis.gagnon at polimi.it
Wed Jun 25 10:07:29 CEST 2014

Dear Tingnan,

This should be possible using a driver like this,

*drive, string, " 1*( model::element::joint(pinID,'Mz') * Var",
reference, yourFIleDriverID;*

which should multiply the value of your file driver. I'm not sure how
stable the solution will be though and the syntax might not be exact as
I have never seen examples of this in use. See the PDF manual on p. 24,
last line.

Regards,

-Louis

On 24/06/2014 23:34, Tingnan Zhang wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Anybody know if there is a torque control mechanism in MBDyn? For
> example, suppose we impose the rotation angle of a revolute pin by a
> file driver, we then would like to monitor the torque at the pin. If
> the torque exceeds the maximal value (allowed by the motor in real
> world), the rotation will stop until the file drive reverse the
> direction of rotation or the torque decreased due to other reason.
>
> Is it currently possible in MBDyn? If it is not, what alternative
> solution can we use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Tingnan Zhang