[MBDyn-users] Modeling a buoy with mooring lines

CamilleYvin camille.yvin at orange.fr
Tue Jun 12 17:02:57 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I try to study a buoy which is anchored on the bottom of the sea with 3 mooring lines (See picture). I have 3 questions :

1 - Is a good idea to use "rod" joint for the mooring lines ?

2 - Is the "offset settings" can deal with the position of the ropes on the buoy ?

3 - I attached a model which run well when only 2 mooring lines are used but not when there 3 mooring lines. The  log file ends with :

Iteration(1) 0.622441 (Tol=1e-06)
Initial assembly iterations reached maximum number 1; aborting...
An error occurred during the execution of MBDyn; aborting...

How can I solve it ?

Thank in advance.

Camille