[MBDyn-users] When SimulationEntity::Update is called/should be called

Resch Reinhard Reinhard.RESCH at accomp.it
Wed Jul 4 15:24:17 CEST 2012

Dear Mr. Masarati,

I would like to know the exact specification of the following member function:

void SimulationEntity::Update(const VectorHandler& XCurr, const VectorHandler& XPrimeCurr);

Can I be sure that this member function is called automatically before AssRes and AssJac are called, or should I call it directly from within AssRes and AssJac in order to compute internal variables or update internal states?

Some elements compute internal variables inside AssRes and reuse it in AssJac and possible in dGetPrivData and Output. Can I be sure that AssRes is always called before AssJac, dGetPrivData and Output?

Otherwise internal variables have to be computed three times:

 1.  Update
 2.  AssRes
 3.  AssJac

Best regards,

Reinhard Resch

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e negli eventuali allegati sono riservate e per uso esclusivo del destinatario. Persone diverse dallo stesso non possono copiare o distribuire il messaggio a terzi. Chiunque riceva questo messaggio per errore, ? pregato di distruggerlo e di informare immediatamente il mittente.

HINWEIS: Dies ist eine vertrauliche Nachricht und nur f?r den Adressaten bestimmt. Es ist nicht erlaubt, diese Nachricht zu kopieren oder Dritten zug?nglich zu machen. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht irrt?mlich erhalten haben, bitte ich um Ihre Mitteilung per E-Mail oder unter der oben angegebenen Telefonnummer.

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.