[MBDyn-users] compiling MBDyn on ubuntu

masarati at aero.polimi.it masarati at aero.polimi.it
Sun Jan 16 17:46:36 CET 2011

> I mean that after doing the commands     /. configure     make, will I get
> MBDyn compiled and installed ?

No.  If configure and make succeed, the project is built but not
installed.  To install, you need to run "make install".  If this succeeds,
the project is installed in whatever location you specified with
configure's --prefix option; if you don't specify any, /usr/local/mbdyn/
is used.

Please note that there is nothing specific to MBDyn in those commands,
they're standard commands for 99% of Un*x projects managed with GNU's
autotools, like MBDyn:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/>
<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/>
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/>