[MBDyn-users] Re: Trouble building on Fedora 8

Pierangelo Masarati masarati at aero.polimi.it
Sun Oct 5 20:09:28 CEST 2008

Fanzhong Meng - LR wrote:
> Hi, Pierangelo and dear mbdyn users
>
> I have a trouble when I try to build mbdyn on Fedora 8.
>
> I am using the configure command like this :
>
> F77=gfortran \
> LDFLAGS="-rdynamic" \
> CFLAGS="-fPIC -g -O0" \
> CXXFLAGS="-fPIC -g -O0" \
> f77FLAGS="-fPIC" \
> ../mbdyn-src/configure --enable-runtime-loading=yes --with-module=aerodyn
>
> I get the error information when I try to configure it. The error information is in the following:
> checking ltdl.h usability... no
> checking ltdl.h presence... no
> checking for ltdl.h... no
> configure: error: no dynamic linking capalility detected
>
> When I try to search the file "ltdl.h" on my computer, I do find it
> in  the directory :"/usr/share/libtool/libltdl". So how can I solve this
problem?

Well, in general you need teach configure how to find it, if it's not in
the search path of your compiler; for example, invoke it as

$ configure <your options> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/share/libtool/libltdl"

However, I believe that location is for libltdl to be added as a whole
to packages, so that's not the "right" one to use.  You should install a
package that sounds like "libtool-ltdl-devel".  The "-devel" suffix
means it's intended to allow people to compile stuff that uses it.  Your
installation is probably missing this package.  Note that the package's
name may change with distributions.  I got mine from RedHat AS, so
Fedora's might be different.