[MBDyn-users] Re: constltp.h Error

Pierangelo Masarati masarati at aero.polimi.it
Tue Jan 22 20:20:43 CET 2008

Valerio Boschi wrote:
> I'm trying to compile mbdyn v1.3.2-beta on a 64-bit machine with gcc
> v3.3.3.
> I can compile v1.2.7 with no problem but, when I try v1.3.1-alpha or
> v1.3.2-beta, I get this error:
>
> constltp.h: In member function `void NLPViscoElasticConstitutiveLaw<T,
>   Tder>::Update(const T&, const T&) [with T = Vec3, Tder = Mat3x3]':
> constltp_impl.h:91:   instantiated from here
> constltp.h:84: error: `Mat3x3 ConstitutiveLaw<Vec3, Mat3x3>::FDEPrime' is
>   protected

This is a known bug in some of the 3.3 series of g++ (there's a similar
one in some of the 3.2 series).  Occasionally, those bugs are worked
around, when a buggy compiler version is detected, but we haven't built
MBDyn with those compilers for a while, so there might be places where
the bug has not been spotted yet (like in NPL constitutive laws, which
only appeared in MBDyn 1.3).  You should use g++ 3.4.X or g++ 4.X instead.