[MBDyn-users] Stream output

Pierangelo Masarati masarati at aero.polimi.it
Wed Oct 31 20:27:31 CET 2007

Rudi Jaeger writes:

> Dear Dr. Masarati,
>
> could you please provide an example of a stream output (like
> the one included in the Simulink-pendulum example) which
> provides nodal information like position etc..
>
> I think I tried everything like:
>
> stream output: 1,
>         stream name, "MBXINN",
>         create, yes,
>         port, 10011,
>         1,
>             1, structural, string, "Phi[3]";
>
> were the "1" before "structural" refers to structural node with label 1.

I'll be unable to check this until next week (no access to matlab), but
looking at the code and the docs I think what you need should be obtained by
using something like

           1, structural, algebraic, X;

where X is a digit between 1 and 3 to indicate the position components;
orientations cannot be obtained this way, since there is no unique
definition of the orientation parameters.

> The main problem is that I do not understand the syntax of:
>
> (node_dof) <output_dof>
>
> in the input manual.

I understand this syntax is unclear; it is also obsolete, since right now
there are much easier and general means to access simulation data, not just
values of degrees of freedom.  Perhaps, if you explain with more detail what
information you want to export, we can point you to the more efficient
manner to extract that information.  At the same time, we can take this
opportunity to enhance the communication configuration.

Cheers, p.

PS: I'll probably be little responsive for a couple of weeks; please be
patient.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:pierangelo.masarati at polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy   | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati

If you trust disclaimers, let me tell you that you're about
to be beamed up onto USS Enterprise