[MBDyn-users] fork & simulink & sockets

Alessandro Fumagalli fumagalli at aero.polimi.it
Fri Oct 12 10:25:37 CEST 2007

Hi Rudi,

it is quite difficult for me to say what's happening on your machine.
Anyway, try to eliminate the " mbdyn-start " block from your simulink
model,
launch mbdyn from shell and afterwards start the simulink run. This should
work fine.
Remember to set the simulink integrator type to " discrete " with "
fixed step " in:
simulation -> configuartion parameters -> solver -> solver option:
Solver: discrete (no continuous state)
Type: fixed step
Fixed step size: dt (the step size of mbdyn)

This is a brutal solution, but, if you like, maybe you can help us to
make the
mbdyn-start block work correctly and make it more portable :-)

Cheers
Alessandro

Rudi Jaeger wrote:
> Dear Dr Masarati,
>
> during the last days, I spend some time on the communication with
> Simulink.
> It is hard to get this to work on my maschine.
> One strange thing I see is that MBDyn-processes, created by fork,
> do not get terminated in case the Simulink-run succeeds and become
> defunct after another run. They also become defunct if the run fails.
> Dead children are piling up this way. I did not see a call to wait().
> Primarily MBDyn does not seem to leave the server-mode.
> Final (Stop) - Time of MBDyn does not seem to depend on the
> setting in the input-file any more (but on the Simulink setting).
>
> Any ideas about this?
>
> Cheers,
> Rudi

Alessandro Fumagalli