[MBDyn-users] Best way to get forces from state-space integration into mbdyn?

Richard Crozier r.crozier at ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 16:59:49 CEST 2017

Dear List,

I have a set of forces I wish to apply to structural nodes which are the
output of the integration of a state-space system. The inputs to this
system are the node velocities. The outputs are the hydrodynamic wave
radiation forces on a body moving in water waves.

What I am trying to figure out is how to do this state-space integration
in tandem with the mbdyn nodal simulation. Is there any way to get MBDyn
to do this state-space integration for me?

It seems like the Aeromodal Element may do something like this, so I
plan to look at this, but is there a better/simpler way?

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.