[MBDyn-users] Newcomer

Andrea Zanoni a.zanoni.mbdyn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:23:28 CET 2017

Hi Nidhi and welcome,

just a small addition to what Louis and Janga already pointed out to
you: if you are already an MBDyn user and you want to contribute to the
code development, please take a look at the TODO list here

https://www.mbdyn.org/?Developers_corner___TODO_list&search=google

We participated in the Google Summer of Code program for the last three
years and we sure hope to continue in 2018: if you think you might me
interested, take a look also to our ideas for possible projects:

   https://louisgag.github.io/mbdyn-gsoc-projects/#/projects

be aware that the list will be in evolution in the next weeks/months as
we prepare to the next edition of the GSoC.

Cheers
Andrea

Il 05/11/2017 21:54, Louis Gagnon ha scritto:

> Hi Nidhi and welcome to the list,
>

> Janga pointed out a great resource to start learning MBDyn,
>

> MBDyn is a multibody dynamics software which has simple built-in
> aerodynamic elements for wings, rotor blades, and other aerodynamic
> surfaces. If you want to do more complex aerodynamics you'll need to
> look into CFD software, such as OpenFOAM which is opensource and well
> known, or if you are rather interested into fluid-structure
> interaction you may then look into MBDyn running coupled to a fluid
> solver of your choice.
>

> Best regards,
>

> -Louis

> installation of MBDyn, I recommend the tutorials by Sky Engineering
> laboratory.
> They walk you through the basics, some advanced topics, and plotting
> and animating the results.
> Using MBDyn is a precursor to developing for it.
>
> http://www.sky-engin.jp/en/MBDynTutorial/index.html
>
> Cheers,
> Janga

---