[MBDyn-users] Fwd: GSoC 2017 entry test

Anchit Bansal anchitbansal97 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:51:54 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Anchit Bansal" <anchitbansal97 at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 26, 2017 12:34 AM
Subject: [MBDyn-users] GSoC 2017 entry test
To: <louis.gagnon at polimi.it>

Hey!

I recently got to know about GSoC and found MBDyn to suit my skill
set(C++,Matlab,Numerical Analysis), I know I'm very late but want to give
my best shot in given time so I tried my hands on the provided stuff and
it's given below:
I just completed the Entry test step 1 and wanted to send my work to you.

1. Didn't encounter any problem while installing MBDyn, the steps in
installation document worked for me perfectly.

2.Tried running Slider_crank file and got the expected output files in the
running directory.

3. Having difficulty in running the .mov file generated but since Pierangelo
Masarati said that it isn't that important so I skipped it.

4. Also I saw that there was Slider_crank mentioned under Bugs/missing
section, so I tried to plot the .out file generated after running
Slidercrank_r file code and as it was asked to check the initial condition
condition in slidercrank_r example I did find some abrupt curve in starting
of the plot, so I tried curve fitting tools of matlab for better
understanding and both(Gaussian and Spline fitting) of them are attached
with this mail, Since I have little knowledge in area of mechanics so I
can't actually conclude on what's happening.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me further.

Regards
Anchit Bansal
Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka
India