[MBDyn-users] contribution in MBDYN

Shaunak Dixit sdixit_be15 at thapar.edu
Thu Mar 16 06:49:32 CET 2017

I have gone through the document of automatic differentiation since the
problem in using the following idea is that in run-time ADT capabilities
are slower than the corresponding elements with hand-coded Jacobian

I would like to know if we implement the idea of elementary functions.
 After converting the function *F* into elementary functions.
Then elementary functions can be derived and if  *Pi,j*  is the derivative
of *Pi*, with respect to *xi* The derivative of *F* with respect to *Xk* is
then obtained by adding all the products * Pi,j* between *Xk* and *Xn*.

where Xk and Xn are the different variables.

with the following method, approximately 25% to 30% of the total CPU time
can be saved.