[MBDyn-users] First GSoC 2017 Weekly Update

Louis Gagnon louis.gagnon at polimi.it
Tue Aug 1 14:38:53 CEST 2017

Dear Everyone,

This is the 9-th weekly update, directly from our Google Summer of Code
students.

This means we are now half-way through the projects!

Feel free to comment, question, or help the students in any way you feel
adequate.

Janga Reddy - Improve Blendyn - Mentored by Andrea Zanoni and Louis Gagnon

1. With the help of edits to MBDyn by Andrea, we can now load file
drivers and output elements by parsing the log file.
As a result, UNIX (local) sockets are now supported.
I've also added a few lines to control the import frequency through
keystrokes, making it easier to change the speed of the live animation.
PR - https://github.com/zanoni-mbdyn/blendyn/pull/30

2. Added the linear (velocity and acceleration) and angular (velocity
and acceleration) joint elements.
PR - https://github.com/zanoni-mbdyn/blendyn/pull/32

Luca Conti - Flight Dynamics Module, interaction with Flight Gear -
Mentored by Pierangelo Masarati and Andrea Zanoni

Brief description of what I did during the current week

During this week I kept writing my external module. I started developing
the same system applied to elements coded up to now
(StreamOutputElement, FileDrive) also for FileDriveCaller. Every new
FileDriveCaller type must inherit from the Read method, contained in the
virtual struct FileDriveCallerTypeReader. I would like to build an
easy-to-use syntax which allows the user to specify the name of the
field he wants to receive from Flight Gear.

draft of my edits:

socketstreamdrive.cc:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3i89d7j43doprx6/socketstreamdrive.cc?dl=0

drive_.cc: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjepb46teve59pa/drive_.cc?dl=0