[MBDyn-users] Memory corruption bug in eigenanalysis using arpack

Pierangelo Masarati masarati at aero.polimi.it
Mon Dec 10 15:46:06 CET 2012


> Dear Mr. Masarati,
>
> I have found a memory corruption bug in MBDyn when running an
> eigenanalysis using arpack.
> You can find the related input files and also a back trace from gdb in the
> attached file.

Apparently, I cannot reproduce the problem.  I found a memory error
(reading 0 bytes past a malloc'ed block, which is fixed by the attached
patch; please test).

Moreover, according to the backtrace you sent, the error occurs in
/home/lagrange/work/mbdyn/mbdyn/base/solver.cc:4691, but there is no code
at that location in release 1.5.3 (which is what you're using, according
to the heading output).  It looks like the double free is related to
exiting the function eig_arpack(), which could be related to destroying a
temporary, but I don't see anything like that in your backtrace.

Cheers, p.

-- 
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale
Politecnico di Milano
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: solver.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 646 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.mbdyn.org/pipermail/mbdyn-users/attachments/20121210/9979ebb4/attachment.bin>


More information about the MBDyn-users mailing list