[MBDyn-users] ..how to correctly use a NODE-driver ?

Rix, Patrick Patrick.Rix at repower.de
Fri Dec 7 17:04:36 CET 2012

Thank you very much, Reinhard and Pierangelo !

Now it works !
I really searched for the bug for two or three hours but always overlooked the comma so that I finally thought I was using the wrong syntax or my mbdyn binary was buggy or so.

Now I can continue my tests:

I wanted to try to drive the angular velocity of an axial rotation joint such that the internal moment inside the joint vanishes so that it behaves as a revolute hinge - in other words: the body (1) rotates freely under the imposed couple imposed to it. I'm using two abstract nodes and some genel elements (e.g. a SISO for integrating the couple over time to calculate the resulting rotational speed of the body).

The discipline is quasi-gearbox modelling for a wind turbine.
The goal/idea is to use an axial rotation joint trying to preserve the rotational DOF / movement of a (wind turbine) rotor while keeping the ax.rot.joint's rigidity which is necessary to account for the coupling with the flexible beam structure of the tower during an eigenanalysis / modal analysis (e.g. on a wind turbine the torsion of the drive train couples with the 2nd or 3rd later tower bending mode in a common movement/mode).
If I would use a revolute hinge it would rotationally decouple the rotor from the tower as no couple would be exchanged between the two parts.

Could this work ?

Best regards,
Patrick.