[MBDyn-users] Naive solver fails with ill conditioned jacobian matrices

Resch Reinhard Reinhard.RESCH at accomp.it
Wed Apr 4 14:01:04 CEST 2012

Dear Mr. Masarati,

Recently I had troubles with the Naive linear solver if the condition number of the jacobian matrix was too high. I have tried to scale my equations in order to improve the condition number but I was not able to reach the convergence with the Naive solver. All other solvers (Umfpack, KLU, Y12, and Lapack) worked fine.

The condition number of my jacobian matrix was approximately 1e10.

Do you know if the Naive solver is sensitive to ill conditioned matrices?

Best regards,

Reinhard Resch

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio e negli eventuali allegati sono riservate e per uso esclusivo del destinatario. Persone diverse dallo stesso non possono copiare o distribuire il messaggio a terzi. Chiunque riceva questo messaggio per errore, ? pregato di distruggerlo e di informare immediatamente il mittente.

HINWEIS: Dies ist eine vertrauliche Nachricht und nur f?r den Adressaten bestimmt. Es ist nicht erlaubt, diese Nachricht zu kopieren oder Dritten zug?nglich zu machen. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht irrt?mlich erhalten haben, bitte ich um Ihre Mitteilung per E-Mail oder unter der oben angegebenen Telefonnummer.

The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.