[MBDyn-users] WG: Blender & MBDyn (0.4.6) => v0.4.7

doug at baldwintechnology.com doug at baldwintechnology.com
Wed May 4 12:03:58 CEST 2011

> Doug,
>
> thank you for the quick update! I just downloaded+tested it and now import
> performs without any problems.

Good to know, thanks.

> A super tip was using  Object => Copy Attributes => Draw Type  to toggle
> on/off all names at once - that was exactly what I was looking for !

Yes, Blender has many useful features like that...

> What do you think of the idea trying to add the NetCDF format ? Does this
> fit to your plans ?
> I'd like to try that next. I dare to create a Python interface for reading
> but I'm not sure if I succeed in smooth & nicely integrating it into the
> rest of your scripts.
> Are you interested in a collaboration on that (now or later) ?

Sure. Perhaps you can draft a stand-alone Python script that opens and
reads NetCDF and then splits lines into a list that is identical to how I
use *.mov. With that as working prototype, I'll integrate this function
into the Blender scripts. I'm thinking that after pressing Import and
selecting either a *.mov or *.cdf (?) file, the script would automatically
branch to either the current *.mov or your prototyped NetCDF import
function. We'll need a standard file extension for NetCDF.

Doug

> Patrick.

>>> from 1 with an incremement of 1 but where the labels appear in any