[MBDyn-users] Beams : private data

Mattia Mattaboni mattaboni at aero.polimi.it
Mon May 31 13:02:11 CEST 2010

Hi Romuald,

you can print a beam private data into a ascii file using a "parameter
node" and a "bind element".

For example you can obtain the torsional moment related to the second
point of the beam element adding:

   parameter: PRIVATE_DATA, element;

into the nodes section, and:

   bind: BEAM_ELEMENT, beam, PRIVATE_DATA, string, "pII.Mx";

into the elements section.
Where BEAM_ELEMENT is the label of the beam element and PRIVATE_DATA is
the label of the parameter node.

In this way the private data is written into the *.prm file for each
time step (the first column contains the parameter label and the second
its value).

Cheers,
Mattia