[MBDyn-users] A new user to MBdyn

masarati at aero.polimi.it masarati at aero.polimi.it
Thu May 20 00:13:13 CEST 2010

> Dear Sir,           I am a new user of MBdyn.

Welcome.

> I am using windows as an
> operating system, and I was wondering how to use the MBdyn release to make
> my first example. I have the C compiler, but I don't really know what to
> do. Please send me what could guide me making the first example.

As I already answered privately, you can read the tutorials and try the
examples.  You can find links to documentation here

<http://www.mbdyn.org/documentation/index.html>:

tutorials: <http://www.mbdyn.org/documentation/tutorials/index.html>
examples: <http://www.mbdyn.org/documentation/examples/index.html>
step by step guide: <http://www.mbdyn.org/documentation/MBDyn-Primer.pdf>

Building on Windows may not be trivial, you need to set up either
MSYS/MinGW or Cycwin.  We do not provide support in setting up those
environments, as it is outside the scope of the project, you should be
able to find accurate information on their respective web pages.

If you don't need to compile yourself, you can use binary snapshots
provided for convenience.

Building on Linux is straightforward: run

configure
make
make install