[MBDyn-users] Scicos Interface OK on Ubuntu 9.10 - Scilab 5.1.1

Alessandro Fumagalli alessandro.fumagalli at polimi.it
Sat Jun 26 16:32:19 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

I just tried the Scicos interface. Building is ok on my machine with
Ubuntu 9.10 and Scilab 5.1.1 (as downloaded by the ubuntu repository).
Just be sure to include the scilab-include package and everything works
as in the README located in  $MBDYN/contrib/ScicosInterface

It works fine but is a little (??) slow. Is it normal or is it my
computer? Simulink interface is much faster on my machine...

Other issue: just wanted to highlight that with my previous environment,
Ubuntu 8.04 and Scilab 4.2.something, building the interface failed
because it couldn't locate the required .h files from scilab. They are
actually there but in different locations ;-) .

Thanks developer,
Alessandro

Alessandro Fumagalli, Ph.D.

Aerospace Engineer