[MBDyn-users] Time calculation with 1.3.15

Romuald NORET romuald.noret at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Tue Jul 20 09:04:42 CEST 2010

Hello,

I spoke with the person who installed MBDyn : he thinks this can be
related with Umfpack. It seems that this library was missing, he will
install it as soon as he can.
I will compare time calculation and convergence when it will be done.

Best regards,
Romuald Noret

alessandro.fumagalli at polimi.it
Envoyé par : mbdyn-users-bounces at mbdyn.org
10/07/2010 15:47

mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
cc

Objet
Re: [MBDyn-users] Time calculation with 1.3.15

Hi Romuald,

strange behaviour... Could you be a little more precise?

1) Could you check the message given by mbdyn at the end of each run
"The simulation required XX seconds of computational time" and compare
this between 1.3.9 and 1.3.15?

2) Which version of gcc did you use?

3) Did you change something in the OS as well?

4) what do you mean with "sometimes" simulations don't run? When? When
you change some parameters or something else?

By the way, no difference regarding overconstrained systems. And, in
any case, I do not think your model is overconstrained because you
have beams in your model and, so, many dofs related to flexibility.

Please let us know.

Ciao,
Alessandro