[MBDyn-users] Time calculation with 1.3.15

Romuald NORET romuald.noret at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Mon Jul 12 15:28:32 CEST 2010

Hello,

1 > It's hard to answer : I don't have anymore PC with the MBDyn 1.3.9. I
asked computer scientists to downgrade one computer but I don't know when
it will be done.
2&3> The the build : it's not me but the person who install the new
version. He said : nothing changed in the OS and he uses exactly same
parameters.
4 > Some inputs files runs, but not all of them. I am trying to make a
test file which reproduce the problem but I haven't succeded yet.

Thank you for your quick answer, I will try to be more specific when I
undertood what happened.

Romuald Noret,

alessandro.fumagalli at polimi.it
Envoyé par : mbdyn-users-bounces at mbdyn.org
10/07/2010 15:47

mbdyn-users at mbdyn.org
cc

Objet
Re: [MBDyn-users] Time calculation with 1.3.15

Hi Romuald,

strange behaviour... Could you be a little more precise?

1) Could you check the message given by mbdyn at the end of each run
"The simulation required XX seconds of computational time" and compare
this between 1.3.9 and 1.3.15?

2) Which version of gcc did you use?

3) Did you change something in the OS as well?

4) what do you mean with "sometimes" simulations don't run? When? When
you change some parameters or something else?

By the way, no difference regarding overconstrained systems. And, in
any case, I do not think your model is overconstrained because you
have beams in your model and, so, many dofs related to flexibility.

Please let us know.

Ciao,
Alessandro