[MBDyn-users] Acceleration output

Romuald NORET romuald.noret at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Tue Feb 2 17:58:10 CET 2010

Hello,

I think I found a bug into MBDyn nodes output printing when I monitor an
acceleration degree of freedom. I have to notice I still use MBDyn 1.3.7
and may be it has been already solved.
You can find an example enclosed to this mail : 1 node with only 1 degree
of freedom (displacement along axis 1) has a "linear acceleration" joint.
When I run the simulation :

-  with a ridig boby attached to this node : the acceleration is printed
as I excepted into the mov file.

-  without a rigid body attached to this node : all accelerations dof have
a "0" value. But if I compute accelerations devirating the velocity
(acc[i] = ( v[i+1] - v[i] ) / ( t[i+1] - t[i] ), indeed I find the
acceleration I inputed with the joint.

Best regards,
Romuald Noret