[MBDyn-users] Modal analysis : m file

Romuald NORET romuald.noret at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Wed Oct 28 11:00:11 CET 2009

Hello,

I suceed to install lapack library and I ran a modal analysis on a beam to
determine modal frequencies. So I used eigenanalysis with MBDyn. I was
expected into the m file for each modes a frequency with a vector. But
when I open this file, there is alpha (with real, imaginary and beta
component), right eigenvectors and left eigenvectors, I am not used to
these name.
I don't have matlab neither octave yet, but is it possible to extract
modal frequencies by reading the m file?

Best regards,
Romuald Noret