[MBDyn-users] Unknow error

masarati at aero.polimi.it masarati at aero.polimi.it
Fri Aug 28 23:27:10 CEST 2009

> alessandro.fumagalli at polimi.it

>> I am working on a beam with many nodes  to describe geometries, sections
>> and properties. But I have an unknow error when I run MBDyn. I
> simplified
>> the model until using one beam and I still have the same error. You can
>> find enclosed input file, "test" is the main input file who calls others
>> files.
>> I couuld understand the origin of the error "An error occurred during
> the
>> execution of MBDyn; aborting ...". How can I understand it?

Of course the error message needs to be more esplicative.  I'm working at
this.

... snip ...

>> I had another problem with the full file : when I compute variable with
>> other variables, the computed value isn't what I excepted but I couldn't
>> reproduce this phenomenon on this test file.
>
> What version of mbdyn are you using? This problem is probably related
> to a previous bug in the math parser. This should not happen with
> newer versions, surely it is fixed in the latest release (1.3.9).

Romuald NORET:

> I am using MBDyn 1.3.7.

The bug Alessandro is talking about was fixed in 1.3.4.  Can you describe
what differs from your expectations?  Please note that MBDyn honors the
types it knows, so if you perform operations using for example integers
you may have unexpected results depending on how you order or group
operations.  So  "real x = 2/3" will be "0.0" because "2/3" is performed
between integers, and the integer result will be assigned to a real, and
things like this.